In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

GOEX powder question

OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
Does anyone know the "F" rating of their "cartridge" powder?

I was given a pound of it last night

Comments

• Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A poster on the Shiloh board got this answer from Goex. Fancy that.

Dear Mr. G, Thank you for your inquiry. Cartridge grade powder is a grain size that is between 2f and 3f in size. It is held to a tighter specification for grain size than the other powders, and receives an additional coating of graphite in the manufacturing process.

Goex Express is a premium powder that gives higher velocity and less fouling than regular powder. The fouling is also very soft and moist.

Either Cartridge or Express will work fine in any of your firearms.

Sincerely,

Original Message
    To:
    Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 9:07 PM
    Subject: Goex Cartridge

I would like to know the properties of Goex Cartridge as different from the normal grades of Fg, FFg or FFFg. In addition, how does Goex Express differs in particular from regular Goex. I currently load BP in the following cartridges or calibers: .36 revolver, .40-90SBN, .45 Colt, .53 caliber Hawken and 12 gauge shotgun.

Thank you,
  • Options
    TimothyTimothy Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've heard that statement several places but in the 5 pounds I shot I found the grain size to be between 1-2F, and lower velocities in all chrono data I've read. Not saying its not good powder just that my findings were oposite the mfgs.