In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hey Mongrel

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
I wish I would have known ya @ 10-12 years ago. I took my wife for her first visit to Friendship in the spring of the great flood year. We barely made it across the bridge from the sheep shed and had to leave the back way away from Friendship. I had no idea how to get back to the place we were staying but, we just followed people leaving and figured that either they knew their way out or they were going to Bubba's house for a cookout. Either way, we were gonna be good for a good nights sleep.
I went back to the Fall Friendship and made some great deals.
BTW, my first year there was in 1985.

Comments

• Options
    mongrel1776mongrel1776 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D] That was the first National Shoot I attended. I'd just moved out from Arizona late the previous year and, like you, wasn't sure how to get from point A to point B. The drive home was fun. The experience has always come in handy when, every June since then, people gripe about the rain (except last year -- we locals were the ones griping about the lack of rain).

If you ever head back this way you need to let me know.