In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Unused Rifles

RoaringBullRoaringBull Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
I am a member of a Christian outdoors ministry called Mission Outdoors here in Texas. I am trying to get an active black powder group at the shoots each month. We encourage folks to come out for a day of shooting rifles, pistols, bows, etc and include a free lunch and a devotional. We had 198 visitors this month. I was the only one there with a black powder rifle for them to shoot. I loaded that .50 cal Kentucky flintlock 100 times! What I need are more rifles to help the process go faster. If anyone has an old percussion or flinter sitting in the closet or gun rack that hasn't been used in a while, why not donate it to our organization for kids to use? We will provide a tax deductible reciept for you, too. Thanks for your time and God bless.

www.missionoutdoors.org

Don't be alarmed by the page with the prices. Those prices are for renting out the place and the equipment for a private party. It is the only other way that we can get the funding (besides memberships) that allows us to let the kids shoot free.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    Repost this over in the general discussion and you might have better luck
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brickmaster1248
    Repost this over in the general discussion and you might have better luck

I appreciate the help!
  • Options
    longspur riderlongspur rider Member Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Hawken .45 caplock I haven't used in 25 years. The wife gave it to me as a present once. I'll check with her if it's ok to give it if your interested.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I would REALLY appreicate it as would the kids. PM me with more info and I can give you an address. Thanks again and God Bless!
  • Options
    longspur riderlongspur rider Member Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Talked to the wife & I could tell by the look in her eyes that she would be disappointed if I gave it away, Although she said whatever you want to do. She gave it to me our first christmas after our wedding. Darned if I do & darned if I don't.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think it best if you were to keep it and shoot it. They are great fun! Learn to use it well and pass that knowledge down to a younger person. That way you would be accomplishing the same thing, but you would get the blessings.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A very tricky language there, femmespeak.

The femme says "Whatever."

Translation, "Do it and I will cut your balls off."
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    22hipower22hipower Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RoaringBull,

I've got a 50 cal percussion cap rifle I bought years ago intending to use some day. . .some day never got here and now I have an inline or two also waiting for some day. Not sure who the manufacturer is, maybe CVA, will have to look for it, but I'm pretty sure I'll never get around to shoot it. If you can use it I'd be glad to donate it. Not new but in pretty nice shape as I remember. Actually, now that I think about it, might have two of them. Anyway, I'm in Colleyville (near DFW) so probably wouldn't be too hard to link up with you if you can use one. . .or two. Might be more reliable reaching me at jeff.bolton@sbcglobal.net as I don't check this board very often.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Email sent..

Thanks and God Bless.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks and blessings to all that helped me out with materials. We are up and going strong, so I am going to end this plea. We have about 8 rifles now and several volunteers helping out. [:D]