In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

need SAA hammer notches rewelded

texascoptexascop Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
Hi,
I have a 1st generation Colt SAA I just picked up, and all of the hammer notches are bad, they need to be rewelded and recut. Please foward contact information and prices to texascop05@yahoo.com
Thanks

Comments

• steeltoe1978steeltoe1978 Member Posts: 3,248
    edited November -1
    You might be better off trying to get a new cylinder rather than welding and fixing the existing one, as doing so might greatly destroy the value of the gun if you ever decide to sell it. At least you would always have the option of putting it back to original (although non functional) as well as having a functional weapon at the same time. Just a thought.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hammer or cylinder notches?? i have read that some overseas copies like Arminius are virtually exact copies of Colt saa...wonder if a clone might interchange....rebuild hammer notch---www.jamesgun.com
  • Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would be cheaper to buy a first generation hammer for the gun to keep it original but to really keep it so have Doug Turnbull restore it or at least reweld the hammer notches.

Either way, do not try to fire it with the hammer notches that way they are as it is unsafe, really unsafe.

Bode