In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Reproduction Walker

recshooterlouisianarecshooterlouisiana Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
About 10+ years ago i purchased a Blackpowder revolver from Cabelas...
It is unfired stil in the gray box never loaded...never turned...
"the authentic Colt signature series" 1847 Walker. Supposed to be continued serial numbers...I was looking to sell and wondering general price I should ask.(and does anyone who reads this want to buy it...haha).

Comments

• Options
    LEE3370LEE3370 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The "Fifth Edition, Blue Book of Modern Black Powder Arms" says between $525.00 and $650.00. That is for 98%-100%.
  • Options
    recshooterlouisianarecshooterlouisiana Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks...Going to a Dallas Gun Show to see if anyone wants it...
    (or if anyone here wants to make an offer...)
  • Options
    Old GunnyOld Gunny Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rec Shooter- I might be interested- if you don't sell it at the gun show, let me know what you think is a fair price for it-including UPS- Old Gunny
  • Options
    sockssocks Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Better yet, why not take that bad boy out to the range? I have the very gun from Cabela's and love it; Lots of boom, lots of smoke, lots of kick. LOTS of fun.
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been seeing asking prices well over $650 lately. Do not know what they are actually selling for. I have the same gun, new in the box, that I also bought when they first came out and never got around to shooting. Finaly bought a generic version for $150 and have been shooting it. Lots of fun. Big boom, more than accurate enough. Anything shot with it will cease to be a problem.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember reading Walker's letters to Sam'l Colt about their performance
    once a trooper was able to get one into his hand.
    The originals took 60 grains of powder and could easily knock down a Mexican or his horse.
    Walker Dragoons were the most powerful handguns until the 357 Mag..
    A lot of barrels burst and had to be shortened.
    The book was "Arms and Ammunition in the U.S. Service". I forgot the author of this old book.