In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Traditions trigger assembly help

minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
Thought Id ask here just in case someone was familiar with them.
Picked up a Traditions inline .50 cal at a yard sale yesterday. (yeah I know they're cheapo's, but I got it for for $10) It's labeled as a 'sporter mag 209' which I think is a wallyworld label for the 'Tracker 209'w/a starter kit. The PO had disassembled it completely,Have figured out most of the reassembly with the exception of the trigger unit which isn't shown in the online manual. Why he took it apart is anyone's guess. I've reassembled it the way it looks to go but it only has about 1/16" trigger travel that way and doesn't drop the bolt stop/sear enough to allow the action to work,so I figure I've gotten it wrong. Was hoping someone either was familiar with these or could lead me to a link for help. Even with the little I've got in it it'll probably be too expensive to ship back for repair unless I can return the trigger unit only.
Thanks in advance for any answers.

Allen

Comments

• Options
    220combat220combat Member Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Contact them, I have dealt with them many times and they are always very helpful.

http://www.traditionsmuzzle.com/
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks 220. I had hoped someone was familiar with these trigger assembly's. I'll call them in the morning. Guess the worst they can do is sell me a new one. I don't think theres anything wrong with this one except for my attempt to reassemble it. [:I] It'll work if I loosen the two bolts 1/2 a turn,but that leaves the unit wobbly.
    Did see online that tinkering with the factory trigger settings would void the warranty. Which wouldn't affect me anyway, but leaves me wondering why the PO tore it down. It was a 'basket case'. I got a stock,barrel,and a box with the bolt,wrench,buttplate,and a baggy full of small parts! lol

Allen
  • Options
    220combat220combat Member Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I buy right from the warehouse in Old Saybrook CT, they are great to deal with in person and I'm sure they are the same over the phone. If you ask for a diagram, I'm sure they will help you out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Called them this morning. Talked to a very polite young(?)lady. She tried to connect me with 'the gunsmith' but he was tied up and told her to sell me a new assembly for $32 shipped as there was no repair on them. I told her I would call back.(I'm in the middle of getting ready for TS Fay) Since I was prepared to buy I didn't think I could harm the old one and took it apart again, A little fiddling,a little polishing,and it's working. (Don't know what I did different except polish some rough spots and play with the adjustment.) Trigger breaks at about 5#. There seems to be very little 'slack' in it,so I'll probably have to tinker with it a bit more because it now feels like a set trigger and I like a little give before it breaks. But it'll bust a cap!
    Now to see if I can get those dark spots out of the bore. [:D]

I was gonna sell it for a quick profit, but now I think I'll keep it for those days it's too wet to trust the flintlock. (gotta have some excuse... right?)
    [;)]

Thanks again.
    Allen