In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Single Action Revolvers

bwc9909bwc9909 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
Who makes some of the better Colt copies in single action hanguns. Some say Taylor firearms, Beretta, and Ruger. There are many to list. Any help would be appreciated. I do a good deal of shooting but it has been many years of Glocks and 1911's.

Comments

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,226 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beretta makes a good one. Beretta bought Uberti and I believe the Berettas are actually Ubertis, which is a good thing.
    I have a Uberti and I like it.
  • Options
    bwc9909bwc9909 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info I need a good solid made SA pistol to get my collection started. Also considering a US Firearms saw on today and a Taylor smokewagon both look really nice and well made.
  • Options
    mazo kidmazo kid Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my estimation, the USFA model would be my first choice as far as quality. You WILL pay for the difference, though.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    go with mazo...but if you want an everyday knockabout tough shooter would consider a ruger clone...an easy parts fix if needed
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    U.S. Firearms make a better than original S.A..
    If you intend to do a lot of shooting, don't buy the fire blued model.
    That finish was a subject of a complaint by the Army as not being durable.
  • Options
    odenthevikingodentheviking Member Posts: 523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the Colt SAA mdl has always seemed small and hard to hold onto, you should try a Virginian Dragoon made by Interarms. It was made about 8% bigger than the Colt to handle the 44 mag. round. The best SAA Mdl every made,(so says I)! Comes in 357 mag, 44mag., and 45 Colt.
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    Taylor and Co sells Uberti made guns. I dont have a SAA but I do have an Open Top model and love it.
  • Options
    Nite RyderNite Ryder Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just my opinion: If Ruger had been in business 100 years ago, no one would recognize the name "Colt". Look at what most of the top SASS shooters use.
  • Options
    mschexnamschexna Member Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Ruger SA 45LC and I love it......great looking gun shoots very well and its usually my sidearm of choice at the deer camp.