In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington 700ML Loads ?

broknaxlbroknaxl Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
Well, I just bought a Remington 700ML - it came new in the box, and had all 3 ignition systems - #11, musket cap, and 209 set up from the factory. My question is- does anybody have any good loads to suggest to get me started? Also maybe loads and/or powders to stay away from. This is my 1st inline I've shot and hunted quite a bit with a T/C Renegade in .54 and really enjoyed that.
Another question, can you use regular 209 primes? I did pick up some that are 777, says made for inline muzzleloaders. Does it make a difference?

Comments

• Options
    westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use two 50 grain pyrodex pellets and a 295 hollowpoint powerbelt bullet with Winchester 209 primers. This setup works for me but they're are alot of options out there. Triple 7 primers are just cleaner burning, less fouling occurs in the breech plug and are designed to only be used in muzzleloaders.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the reply, that gives me a start.
  • Options
    derfhunterderfhunter Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My 700 dosen't like the powerbelts. If you are going to shoot a medium load, I use 90-100 gr. of pyrodex powder and the 44cal. 240 gr. xtp with the green sbots and get good accuracy. If you want to shoot a hotter load, I would use the Hornady 45 cal. xtp bullets with the black sabots. And definitly use the 209 primers if you are allowed in your state. If you don't mind the recoil the 300 gr. xtps really do a number on deer. I do not get very good groups with the pellets but some people do really well with them. I would stay away from the shockeys gold powder and pellets, I really get bad groups with it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info. Hopefully I can get to the range soon and try some of these.