In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    sockssocks Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought one from Cabela's a few years back. Beautiful little gun, made by Uberti. Problem was, the action was TERRIBLE! I could barely make the nipple line up with the hammer--very sluggish, uncertain cycling when I'd cock it. Cabela's took it right back and sent a replacement. Again I received a very handsome revolver but, again, the action is very sketchy; sometimes the cylinder stops in the correct position, sometimes it needs a little 'assist' from my free hand, to complete it's cycle. I'm figuring that's just the way they come from the manufacturer? Any way, it shoots OK but, and I hate to sound like such a complainer, it's SO SMALL that it's really kind of a chore to load it-tough ramming the ball home with the stubby little loading lever. All in all, I've always loved this model but I've pretty much resigned myself to leaving it in the safe, just enjoying having it in my collection. Maybe you'll have a better experience!!
  • Options
    steeltoe1978steeltoe1978 Member Posts: 3,248
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by socks
    I bought one from Cabela's a few years back. Beautiful little gun, made by Uberti. Problem was, the action was TERRIBLE! I could barely make the nipple line up with the hammer--very sluggish, uncertain cycling when I'd cock it. Cabela's took it right back and sent a replacement. Again I received a very handsome revolver but, again, the action is very sketchy; sometimes the cylinder stops in the correct position, sometimes it needs a little 'assist' from my free hand, to complete it's cycle. I'm figuring that's just the way they come from the manufacturer? Any way, it shoots OK but, and I hate to sound like such a complainer, it's SO SMALL that it's really kind of a chore to load it-tough ramming the ball home with the stubby little loading lever. All in all, I've always loved this model but I've pretty much resigned myself to leaving it in the safe, just enjoying having it in my collection. Maybe you'll have a better experience!!

Thank you very much for taking the time to assist me with my possible purchase. I really appreciate your review.
  • Options
    ken44-40ken44-40 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got one that I picked up at a gunshow a few years back. It was new in the box, never fired, and was perfectly timed. Lined up and locked up just like it was supposed to. I bought an R&D 32 short conversion cylinder for it and it also times perfectly. Whether with a .319 round ball & loose powder, or a 32 short cartridge, it's a hoot to shoot, and is pretty accurate too.

I also bought one from Dixie Gun Works a bunch of years ago that wouldnt event come to full cock; much less line up right. It went right back, along with 2 replacements.

Like everything else, sometimes you get good ones, and sometimes not so good ones.

One of the nice things about buying from Cabelas is the ease of getting a replacement if the one you get isn't up to snuff.