In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

does anyone make a 50cal inline with 1 in 48 twist

M1-30 calM1-30 cal Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
I would like to be able to shoot my cast bullets but every inline I have checked has 1 in 28 or 1 in 32 twist for sabots. Does anyone know of one that has a 1 in 48 twist. Or does anyone make a replacement barrel in this twist for an inline gun? Thanks for your time

Comments

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pretty sure the thompson renegade, had the 1 in 48 twist, so you could shoot round balls or maxi balls. you may have to buy used one not sure if still make them new.
  • Options
    westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not know of any in-line or aftermarket barrel that has a 1" in 48" twist. Just about all inlines have a 1" in 28" twist to accomadate lighter bullets and sabots. Green Mountain does not make .45 cal.,.50 cal., or .54 cal. blanks with a 1 in 48 twist. I cannot come up with any manufacture that produces an inline barrel with the twist you are seeking. The technology of the inlines pretty much did away with the cast bullets.
  • Options
    M1-30 calM1-30 cal Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    On the advice of a friend I tried the Lee R. E. A. L. Bullet in 250 grain with alox lube and 80 grains of pyrodex. Preliminary results are 3" groups at 100 yds. Not great but not that bad either.