In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Black powder

gharghar Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
Does anyone know where black powder can be bought in Connecticut? All I have been able to find in stores are the replacements, not the real thing. I would go mail order but I do not need that much. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Has any one tried Grafs black powder in a mettalic cartrdge,if so how does it compare with other brands.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can some one tell me how the old timers made their own black powder and it contents? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,264 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sulphur, saltpeter, and charcoal. I can't remember the formula but I bet you could google it up.
    I know, when I was 11 years old, that old pharmacist gave me a funny look when I would go in the drug store and buy a pound of "flowers of sulphur."
    That geezer knew I was up to no good.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    Sulphur, saltpeter, and charcoal. I can't remember the formula but I bet you could google it up.
    I know, when I was 11 years old, that old pharmacist gave me a funny look when I would go in the drug store and buy a pound of "flowers of sulphur."
    That geezer knew I was up to no good.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Allen. Google gave me the information I asked for. Quite interesting too.
  • Options
    mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't get any bright ideas about making your own. Very dangerous, even Hodgdon blew up their own factory killing several.