In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

new Winchester Muzzleloaders

rboettcherrboettcher Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
I heard soemthing about winchester coming out with a new muzzeloader just wondering if anyone has heard anything about such news.

Comments

• anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nope, I've heard nothing ... yet. But being a big Winchester fan, I'm interested!
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought they came out with a "new" rolling block a year or two back, remember seeing it last year while looking for a new muzzleloader. I wasn't impressed with the swiveling breech idea as i was looking for an easier to clean inline, I know I'm getting lazy in my old age. not sure if it is the same one your talking about though.
  • Guns & GlassGuns & Glass Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Were a private label by CVA.

If the scope mount hole positioning is the same as my Optima Elite, they need to change it. ButT after two phone calls, and three people later they don't have a clue so I made my own, and EGW will be making the redesign
  • NHSHTRNHSHTR Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You may be thinking of the Winchester Apex. Winchester Muzzleloading is the name licensed by Black Powder Products Inc. from Winchester. The Apex is an in-line with a dropping breech similar to the T/C Omega.
    Cabela's carried them for a couple of years. They were fairly inexpensive.
  • rboettcherrboettcher Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of my friends knows a guy that works with winchester. He has the oppurtunity to buy a new in-line at his cost which is 650 its actualy like a 1000 dollar gun i think but i havent heard or seen anything about them just wondering if someone ever picked up an article and seen something somewhere. Im not sure if they arent making alot of them or if its some new thing that hasnt came out yet
  • NHSHTRNHSHTR Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doesn't sound like the Apex. What you describe sounds as though it might be a collector's edition or very deluxe model smokepole. Not necessarily just a deer killer.