In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

25 cal w/patch

stankempstankemp Member Posts: 509 ✭✭✭
I've got my 30 cal barreled inline almost done.
I'm looking for a load and patch for the 25 cal hard cast bullets.
Any suggestions?
Stan

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hi guys ,I'm answering my own question.
    See what you think.
    This is for my 30 cal single shot in - line pistol.
    I'll use a #2 buckshot (.270) and a heavier patch. The patch can't be too thick or the wrap around the ball will cause sever bunching of the cloth. So patch thickness will be around .09 . I think this will do it.
    Asking for any comments as this is an experiment . I'll publish results when I get a load worked up.
    Stan
  • Options
    mongrel1776mongrel1776 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is of interest to me because I just acquired a .30 caliber octagonal barrel (straight 13/16" diameter, 35" length -- appears NOS and to have been purpose-made for muzzleloading, not a converted breechloading tube of some sort) and intend to build a sidehammer skirrel slayer around it. I've already found that Track Of The Wolf sells .283" diameter cast round balls -- was thinking those for a starting point in working up an accurate load. Of course since I'm nowhere near having time to start the build, I'm obviously not in a position to offer much advice on actually shooting a ML of this bore size....[:D]

Please report back on your progress. At least one inquiring mind wants to know.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the direction , Mogrel.
    I went right to Track of the Wolf and ordered some.
    I'll be working up some loads after I recover from a hunting accident (not firearms related).
    I'll publish as soon as I have results.
    Stan