In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Laser boresighter

mikecarol63mikecarol63 Member Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
Has anyone used a Bushnell laser boresighter for their rifles? I was wondering how accurate they were, and if it was worth buying one.
Thanks in advance, Mike

Comments

• Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    I don't think much of lazer bore sighters, I use a BSA bore sighter, I've had alot better results with it.
    For what it's worth.
    W.D.
  • Options
    Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used a Laser bore sighter and really like it. As far as accuracy goes it will get you on paper quicker and save you a half box of ammo, just be sure and have no ammo in the gun or close by so you won't be tempted to try and hit the little red dot.

Other than the potential for a mishap by shooting with the bore plugged I'd say get one, just be very careful with it.

I also like the fact that you are lining up the scope or sights with where the bullet is coming from, the bore. That is usually the wanted end result, line the sights up to where the bullet is going to hit at a certain distance. You can always compensate for longer or shorter distances from there.

Bode
  • Options
    Guns & GlassGuns & Glass Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have 6 different collimators.

3-Optical in spud & expandable models;

2-Leupolds magnetic styles (sent first style back since it was a bad design Leupold eventually dropped that model);

2-Lasers. One barrel, and the other chamber style.

They all work, but the key thing is the actual fitting & adjusting lasers to the barrel or chamber to get a correct sighting.

Bear in mind they ALL are initially only for getting you on paper.

One down side of lasers is when done sighting in you can't easily & accurately recheck POI in the field or on a hunting trip like you can w/a optical style. I always carry an optical when on a trip for that reason.