In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Short Pistol Barrels

machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
This is an anecdote, but I thought I'd tell it in case anybody out there had a mind to try it.

When I was doing a lot of percussion shooting, I decided I wanted a replica of a hideout gun. I had an extra Colt 1860 replica that I had bought used, so I shortened the barrel to about the end of the axis pin and dovetailed a front sight in.

First shot (it was 2F), I started five fires. My left tennis shoe was the hardest to put out. These things would certainly clear off a card table.

Comments

• Options
    sockssocks Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NOW we know why gunslingers always wore leather boots.
    (And we always thought it was for riding horses.)
  • Options
    mazo kidmazo kid Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am working on one right now....I bought a '51 Navy kit, cut the barrel, and made a bird head grip frame for it. I still have to put a front sight on it (?). Someone also suggested bobbing the hammer. Now I know what to expect the first time I shoot it! Emery
    51Navy6-1.jpg
  • Options
    remdog58remdog58 Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey mazo how did you get your pic to load my friend?,i've got a plethora(butt load)of snubby pics to share with you if you would like to see them,but i can't get mine to load up.

remdog58
  • Options
    mazo kidmazo kid Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remdog58
    hey mazo how did you get your pic to load my friend?,i've got a plethora(butt load)of snubby pics to share with you if you would like to see them,but i can't get mine to load up.
    remdog58

I use PhotoBucket; hold your cursor on the picture you want to post and there will be 4 tabs shown under it, Use (Image Code). Left click to highlight, Right click and clck "copy". Go to the post where you want to show the picture, write your post click enter and then right click and "paste". Takes longer to describe than to do it!