In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Traditions Pursuit LT

WWII_EnthusiastWWII_Enthusiast Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
I was wondering if anyone out there has some experience with this black powder rifle. I had seen one for about $200 but I wanted to know what the quality of the rifle really is. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    got one for my son, around here that would be a little high for used price, new only 225-250 for pursuit, only diffference is LT is 2" longer on the barrell, that being said its not a bad rifle for the money, easy to clean, 2-3" groups at 100 with my old eyes and help of a 3x9, may not split holes but will definatly kill deer, parts readily available if needed. have had no trouble out of his.
  • Options
    WWII_EnthusiastWWII_Enthusiast Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks a lot for the reply. Seems like from what you have experienced it will be a good starter for me to get in to black powder hunting. Looks like I'll just have to go out and pick one up for myself. Thanks again.
  • Options
    anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are looking for a deer hunting muzzle loader, I'd say to go with an in-line. If you want to look cool and join the more primitive ranks then get a percussion cap muzzle loader and that will take you back to the American Civil War. If you want to go really crazy, then get a flint lock ... that will take you back to the American Revolutionary War and further back!

I think shooting muzzle loaders is a blast and a loud smoky blast at that! (But I have to admit that I probably would not have gotten into it were it not for the no-rifle-hunting regulations in Massachusetts!)
  • Options
    kumatekumate Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wwII,I got a traditions sporter 209 mag.I'll post for 175 and throw in 20 T/C maxiball about 80 pyrodex pellets a hard case,ballstarter and powder messure.20 dollars shipping.let me know if interested.Has a 3-9 traditions scope.Nothing wrong with it,just past three years have been too busy during muzzleloader deer and elk