In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Turner Kirkland rifle identify and value

onthemoveonthemove Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
Trying to find out the history of a old rifle...for a friend...they think it is old but I think a repro Help Made in tenn. Thanks much

Comments

• JohnnyBGoodJohnnyBGood Member Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by onthemove
    Trying to find out the history of a old rifle...for a friend...they think it is old but I think a repro Help Made in tenn. Thanks much

They don't charge by the word here. A reasonable description would help. But anyway, Turner Kirkland was the founder of Dixie Gun Works in Union City, TN, circa the 1950's. He died a few years ago but his son runs the business. Dunno their web site but dollars to donuts it's dixiegunworks.com

You can ask them, or provide a description/pictures here and somebody might know more.

John
  • mazo kidmazo kid Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the rifle is stamped Turner Kirkland or Union City Tenn., it is not old. As was stated, Turner founded the Dixie Gun Works company and was the first to import repro black powder rifles to the US. The above web address is also correct.
  • onthemoveonthemove Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info Thats what I thought also I have not found one for sale to give them a ballpark idea on value Thanks agin
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is dixiegun.com
  • mazo kidmazo kid Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    It is dixiegun.com

Both addresses work. emery
    edited November -1
    Still looking for a ballpark figure for value for the estate Thanks
  • firstharmonicfirstharmonic Member Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by onthemove
    Still looking for a ballpark figure for value for the estate Thanks

In that case, you'll have to give lots more details - just what model, caliber and type of rifle does your friend own? Turner Kirkland put his name and that of his company on a slew of firearms since founding Dixie in 1954. And his company is still doing that today. You'll need to list all markings and a detailed condition analysis. And the best description will include a number of high-quality pictures.
    edited November -1
    I will get the info asap Thanks