In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Thompson/Center Hawken .50

MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
Mine has sling mounts.
Do they all have em?
About to list it, but don't have book/info.
Gonna miss er!
Thanks
RT

Comments

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,222 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought mine in 1980. It does not have sling mounts. I wish it did.
  • PA ShootistPA Shootist Member Posts: 689 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Thompson-Center Hawken I purchased in the late 70's, a 50 cal. flintlock, for the Pennsylvania special muzzleloading season that allowed only flintlocks. We still have that special season, after Christmas and after all the other deer seasons, and it is one of my favorites. My rifle did not come with sling swivels or sling swivel studs. I have never seen any other that came so equipped from the factory, and there are/were lots of them in my neck of the woods among my friends and acquaintances. I added aftermarket swivels to my own; one piece replaced the rod ferrule ahead of the forearm, and the other piece was screwed into the buttstock, both made of brass to match the other furniture. Ever try to drag a deer any distance out of the woods with one hand, holding the rifle in the other? One episode of that convinced me I needed a sling!