In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

3rd -DRAGOON

rickerricker Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
I have an old gun and need to know what it's worth? Here is what it says on the side of it. If anyone can help that would be great.
3RD-DRAGOON 185' CAL 44
BLACK POWDER ONLY MADE IN ITALY

Comments

• Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Generiac reproduction, my guess is $100 to $150.
  • Options
    rickerricker Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How do I know if it generic? Is there certain marking's because I know there is models of this gun that are rare quote:Originally posted by slumlord44
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ricker
    How do I know if it generic? Is there certain marking's because I know there is models of this gun that are rare quote:Originally posted by slumlord44

"MADE IN ITALY" makes it a modern reproduction. Colts weren't made in Italy and has no collector value. It's only value is as a shooter. I agree with slumlord's opinion.
  • Options
    44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agreed. There are no Italian reproductions that are particularly valuable, however, a good third model dragoon repro ought to bring about $225 - 250. That's what they commonly go for on GB, plus about $15 for shipping. That's in like new or VG condition.
  • Options
    ColtDoctorColtDoctor Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry Pardner,

If it aint a Colt it aint worth much except for havin' fun. Be very careful the Italian jobs are not made too well.

Shoot Straight,

ColtDoctor