In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

1860 army 44 bp

provgenconprovgencon Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
I have a couple Uberti 1860 army 44 BP revolvers...
one of them was sold to me by a "dealer" in Belgrade, MT. He sold it to me as NEW, but months later, i'm ready to take it shooting, and discover that not only is it USED, but broken. i have words to describe this fellow, that i will not share here.
the piece i need is the little lever that pokes out of the frame to rotate the tumbler. this piece has a tempered spring on it to hold it in place... that spring is gone. I need the Lever with the spring, as i dont think they are seperable. can anyone refer me to somone that will have my part?... the Local BP guy charged me 20 to order the part, it arrived and was the wrong refunds: and no more business from me.
any help would be appreciated.
thank you


  • provgenconprovgencon Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is a link to photos of the broken part next to a good part:
  • bronshtbronsht Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might try vti parts; check out The Gun Works. Different manufacturers do and do not fit different guns. I got some kits from The Guns Works for my Pietta but they were made by someone else (package was specifically for Pietta, though). bronsht
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 34,332 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    need is the little lever that pokes out of the frame to rotate the tumbler.

    The part you need is the hand. The part that rotates is called the cylinder. has what you need.

    go to that web site, they have a schematic of your pistol, the thing is blown up, and every part is labeled. Very knowledgable people, good to do business with.
    Don't be too distressed about having a broken hand, the Italians put cheapo springs on these guns, not unusual to have one break. I have had the hand, the bolt, and the mainspring all break on the same gun.
    No problem, vti got me the new parts and the guns shoots fine.
  • provgenconprovgencon Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks GUYS!!!!!... i ordered my part this morning.
  • ColtDoctorColtDoctor Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please tell us the name of the dealer so we do not suffer the same fate.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 13,200
    edited November -1
    Hands are all oversized in length and have to be fitted by grinding or filing.
    It is easier to just replace the spring which doesn't need to be fitted.
    You drive the spring in from the side and tap the slot from the back side with a hammer to pinch the spring. Make sure the spring has bottomed in the slot.
    The original may just have loosened in the slot and fallen out. Really no big deal.
    Quality parts like on older SAA Colts (interchangeable with 1860 Army)
    were hardened and need to be ground to final length.
Sign In or Register to comment.