In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

infor on R&D gunshop

smoothbore62smoothbore62 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
Is R&D Gunshop still making conversion cylinders for BP revolvers?
Location or address?
thanks

Comments

• Options
    44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, but don't bother. They don't answer the phone, e-mails, or anything else. I had sent an 1860 Army and one of their conversion cylinders to them for fitting. After three months and nothing back I was trying to find out what was up. Unable to contact them, I tried Wisconsin better business, et al. Ended up talking to their mail carrier who told me they still were open. After e-mailing them that I was going to personally show up at their door to get my gun, they threw it in a priority mail box, no packing, just loose, and sent it to me. The gun was coming through the box, the barrel and grips were damaged. The conversion cylinder still didn't fit, plus the original C&B cylinder now does not fit. So now I have two expensive paperweights. Other people have been having trouble with them too.
    Their 1858 Remington cylinder works well without fitting, but if you're doing a Colt type conversion, go with Walt Kirst.
  • Options
    220combat220combat Member Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with 44, they ar egood for the '58 Remmy's, but avoid the ones for the Colt's. You can get them through Midwayusa.com also.
  • Options
    AQUAINFLAQUAINFL Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's funny I had installed 2 of there conversion cylinders on 2 1851 Colt Navy .38lc[?][?][?][^][Pietta],installed and fit perfect.When I called them B 4 I ordered had a little hard time contacting by phone but left my number and did get a call back .I also installed one on my Pietta 1858 Rem.
    I ordered a Kirst for my Ruger had to use the Dremel a little to fit it.
  • Options
    44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Every time I called, which was many, their voice mailbox was full. Both my Colt style cylinders were too long. I had a friend with a machine shop take .060 off the face of the 38 Colt, reblued it and it fit fine. That's all the one I sent them needed but they managed to screw up their cylinder and the original C&B cylinder, and I can't tell what they might have done, and I'm a pretty fair shade tree gunsmith. (parts swapper)