In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

T/C Triumph "Bone Collector" .50 cal

HuntAndFishWithMyKidsHuntAndFishWithMyKids Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
Broke down and bought my first muzzle loader. Haven't even got it yet. Won an auction here on GB. Any thoughts on my choice? I guess Michael Waddell had a hand in design. New Weather Shield sounds good and durable. Everyone I work with has an Encore, but this one seemed easier to clean and take care of for the novice muzzle loader guy?? Help please.

Comments

• Options
    danjkolbdanjkolb Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    IMO it doesn't matter what bells and whistles you get on your muzzleloader, if you don't thoroughly clean it every time you shoot it's going to be a paperweight anyways. Looks like this is pretty easy to clean. maybe I am just lazy lol
  • Options
    HuntAndFishWithMyKidsHuntAndFishWithMyKids Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, that's never a problem. I meticulously clean all of my guns after each use. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this model. If it's good for a beginner and easy to use, load, that kind of thing. Thanks.
  • Options
    ColtDoctorColtDoctor Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Howdy Pard,

Don't know too much about the new fangled model you won there, but I will tell ya boiling water is the best way to cleen 'em in my opinion. Clean 'em often and shoot straight.
  • Options
    anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Boiling water ... yipes. Since you have got yourself a modern Muzzle loader, I hope your are going to put some modern powder through it. I use Hodgdon 777 and I think it is the way to go and it does clean up pretty easily. I does take more effort than smokeless powder, but please do forget about Goex Black Powder and the boiling water! Have a ball ... shooting muzzle loaders is a lot of fun!