In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Western gun fight reenactor

Frontiersman101Frontiersman101 Member Posts: 3,259
I am a young man in Arizona and have always liked gun fight reenactments. Dose anyone know what I would need to get a job as a reenactor? Thanks ahead for any information.

Comments

• Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    I would definitely start at "Old Tucson": http://www.oldtucson.com/

Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you, I will look into that.
  • Options
    machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    You might also inquire of the folks in Tombstone, as they sponsor gunfight re-enactments.

There are some outfits in Phoenix that supply extras for Western movies, who also provide people for re-enactment purposes. But beware of just any company that says they are looking for 'extras', as there are some that run the scam of telling the walk-ins that they need a photo portfolio, and they then sell the applicant a 'right now' photo session for several hundred bucks. If somebody mentions 'photo session', get out of Dodge.

Remember that you have to LOOK authentic, for most of the screening people. Don't show up in mint duds looking like you are going to a SASS shoot, or like somebody wearing leotards and drop-loop holsters from a 1950's TV Western. I was once invited to play the non-speaking role of a Spanish soldier, ca. 1750, and the whole thing was based only on appearance. The screener was a curator from a museum which hosted the Spanish exploration/colonial periods.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by machine gun moran
    You might also inquire of the folks in Tombstone, as they sponsor gunfight re-enactments.

There are some outfits in Phoenix that supply extras for Western movies, who also provide people for re-enactment purposes. But beware of just any company that says they are looking for 'extras', as there are some that run the scam of telling the walk-ins that they need a photo portfolio, and they then sell the applicant a 'right now' photo session for several hundred bucks. If somebody mentions 'photo session', get out of Dodge.

Remember that you have to LOOK authentic, for most of the screening people. Don't show up in mint duds looking like you are going to a SASS shoot, or like somebody wearing leotards and drop-loop holsters from a 1950's TV Western. I was once invited to play the non-speaking role of a Spanish soldier, ca. 1750, and the whole thing was based only on appearance. The screener was a curator from a museum which hosted the Spanish exploration/colonial periods.

Where can I get othentic clothes and gear? Is it expensive?
  • Options
    machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    There was an outfitting place right next to Legendary Guns, but they moved. I forgot their name, but they are still in Phoenix, and if you call Legendary Guns, they will probably be able to tell you right where. That outfitter sold everything but firearms, and had copies of almost everything, period authentic and often even locale-authentic. The stuff is not cheap, however, but for occasional re-enactment, you should only need one outfit.
  • Options
    StoryStory Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.gunfighter.com