In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

45 caliber pellets in 50 caliber ML

glasgowmglasgowm Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
Here's the deal. I know it's a strange one. A friend was sighting in his 50 Cal. Omega and ran out of 777 pellets. He was able to buy some .45 Cal 777 (50 grain) and shot those in the .50. He says he dialed it in pretty well. So, here it is......can he now shoot .50 Cal. 777 (same 50 grains, I'm assuming just a longer pellet) in the gun without significant change in point of impact.

He's flying from out of state and we'll be buying his powder after he gets here.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't see it changing the point of aim significantly, unless he is a professional shooter, I thought the only difference in pellet/caliber would be the diameter, can't see it changing more than a 1/4 or so if that. as long as they are the same grain pellets.
  • OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    50grs of 777 is 50grs of 777

the only difference in size would be the dia and maybe length

short & fat
    long = skin
  • glasgowmglasgowm Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys. That's kind of what I was thinking but just thought I'd throw it out there. Not sure why he did it in the first place, but thanks for the replies any way.

Matthew