In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Where can I hunt?

epakerepaker Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
Ok, I have an older Pedersoli Kodiak, double barrel 58 caliber muzzleloader. I love the gun and like the way it shoots but I would really like to use it to put some meat on the table. Problem is everywhere I have looked the BP rules specify single barrel guns. Is there anywhere that I can hunt with this gun?

Comments

• dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just read the regs in MN. Did not see anything about not allowing doubles.
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Illinois. Been using my .50 cal CVA double rifle for years. Illinois regulations specificly allow double barrel guns. I would suggest calling and talking to your state game agency for clarification.
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    here in wv doubles are illegal also, unless you only load one barrell. you may check to see if this would be legal, as slumlord said call your local dnr agent for the specifics.
  • epakerepaker Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies. I should have known MN would be OK, I miss that place (lived there 6 years, in St. Francis) I recently called the MN DNR because I wanted a copy of my hunter safety certificate from 30 years ago. The woman asked me 3 questions, name, date of birth, present address. 2 days later it was in my mailbox with a SASE so I could send them $5. Minnesota rocks! Unfortunately my wife hates snow!