In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

cowboy action

dodgeman69dodgeman69 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
I have a uberti 45 long colt pistol and was wondering how I could get a lighter trigger pull and lightened springs like the cimarron Eivl Roy pistol.

Comments

• Options
    dodgeman69dodgeman69 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too have become interested in this. My dad started me thinking and reading up on Marlins a few days ago after my vacation visit to see him. He showed me a catalog on the new Marlins. He wanted the Model 1895XLR or the 1895GS. He decided to save his money for something else that he needed. I told him I could sell the 1889 he gave me a few years ago and get him one and me one too. He agreed. Then I found out I'd be nuts to do that. After I told him my finds, he as well said I'd be nuts![:D]

Anyway, after researching for the past few days I have found two great sites and forums. Thanks to you guys I have become a new "Cowboy Action Shooting" Fan!

I am a 40 year old kid again!
  • Options
    44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can get a lighter main spring from Wolff, which will help a lot. There is also a piano wire trigger/ bolt spring, which I've never tried, but many people say not to use them. Someone else may have a better experiance.
    American Western Arms makes a coil main spring conversion for Uberti's that I have in my AWA Ultimate 1873, and it is very nice and smooth.
  • Options
    Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can modify the mainspring by thinning it near the narrow end but do it a little at a time and try the revolver often to make sure your are getting a reliable hammer strike that will fire the cartridge every time.

Changing out the trigger return spring can cause the revolver to jump time so somethimes that is a crap shoot.

Bode
  • Options
    Chain BlueChain Blue Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1577/Product/GUNSLINGER_SPRING_KITS

you may need to do some very light tuning of the main spring depending on the primers you want to use.