In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Barns Muzzleloader Expanders

RideyRidey Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
I shoot Barns Muzzleloader Tipped MZ and want to switch to the Spit-Fire T-EZ because I hear they are easier to load. Is that ture and will the switch throw off my groups to were I have to go back to the range or can I take a shot at deer camp to see where its at before I go out in the woods?

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just my opinion but the variations I've encountered with ML would indicate a bullet change might throw you off several inches @100 yards. Last weekend I sighted in mine and shot a total of 4 types of bullets. No two different bullet groups were closer than 2-3" and one bullet grouped 8+" from the closest. Two or 3" @100 will still get you a hit but 8" might be bad news. If you're able to shoot and verify and then account for any variance found, you might be OK if you don't forget at the moment of taking the shot.