In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ball Size

StradivariusStradivarius Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
Hello guys Sweden here. I was wondering if eanybody could help me. I would like to/need to know the "Proper" ball size to use in my original/antik Remington New Model Army revolvers and even ball size for my other original/antik revolvers. I have read different nr sizes depending on the forums i have read.Some say use a bit bigger, it should shave of a ring of lead as you push it in, others rubish that opinion. These are tha calibers i need help with...-.44 -.36 - .31 - .28

Cheers
Anthony

Comments

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes the ball should shave off a ring of lead as you load it.
    We call that a lead "donut."

I am sure someone will chime in with the proper sized balls for those revolvers, I am not familiar.
  • Options
    dsmc1dsmc1 Member Posts: 112 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Anthony
    normally a 44 takes a .451 ball; 36 takes a .375. I THINK the 31 uses a .319, but it's been quite a while since I shot anything in that caliber, and I was not able to find any info on 28, but I'm sure someone out here will have it for you.

Have fun