In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.50 cal & .52 cal

StradivariusStradivarius Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
Hello again guys. This question makes me feel a bit stupid asking, but i am new to blackpowder shooting ( shot my first shot about 4 hours ago from my Remington New Model Army ) Yeeeeeeehhhaaa [:D]. I was ( up till now ) only intrested in revolvers, but now im thinking about getting a rifle to. I have been looking att the bullets avalible over here in Sweden and i see a lot for .50 cal, but have not found eany .52 bullets ( Minne somethings ? ). Im thinking about a Sharps carbine, but all the percussion models seem to be in .52 cal :o(. What is the difference in these two calibers ?

Comments

• Options
    KellytongKellytong Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    oh, I'm not so familiar with this.
    http://www.dvdshop88.com
  • Options
    44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I assume you mean the Pedersoli reproduction Sharps Carbine? They make a mould specifically for that rifle or you can get a bullet mould from Dixie Gun Works (check website) for moulds for repro Sharps or originals. The .52 is larger and common in many breachloading carbines from the American Civil War era such as Sharps, Smith, and Burnside. All used a slightly different bullet.
    Minnie balls are a conical bullet for muzzel loading rifles and come in many calibers.