In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

questions on rebuilding a remington rolling block

muzzleloader-2muzzleloader-2 Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
I recently aquired a remington rolling block 11mm egyptain here at G.B. and was wondering if it could be converted to fire the 45/70 govt round. If anyone knows of a source for rebarreling and some minor work on the action ( needs new firing pin ) I would appreciate any leads you may have. Thanks in advance

Comments

• v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any gunsmith can rebarrel your Rolling Block to 45-70 and making a firing pin is no big deal.
    Try Numrich in west Hurley, N.Y. for a barrel and even a firing pin.
  • steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had mine done by David Van Horn 480-892-9630 This was probably about 8 years ago I brought him a unblued steel rolling block carbine. He made a new barrel with sights, blued the entire gun, repaired the firing pin and built a new wood forend for $600.00 Its a very accurate shooter.
  • glynglyn Member Posts: 5,949
    edited November -1
    Any gunsmith can do that for you as long as he has a lathe.Green mountain make a nice 35 in slightly tapered octagonal barrel.I always turn the barrel down so it is half octagon and half round.You dont need a new fore end,the original can be cut down reshaped and the channel opened up.I have done a fair few of them.Only takes about half a day.In fact I have eleven swedish RB actions in stock now ready to convert.