In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

knight muzzleloaders ?

tazz1958tazz1958 Member Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
Was wondering if anyone knows what is going on with knight muzzleloader company? I went to their website yesterday and read that they aren't making guns anymore. Did they sell out or are just quitting? thanks

Comments

• bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November -1
    Dang that's crazy , I didn't know about that. Says their still making parts but no guns. I hate to see a gun maker go out of business..
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Knight is Gone With the Wind.

They made some great rifles.

They made some bad business decisions the past 3 or 4 years. They put out some rifles that were marketing flops, including their .52 rifle.
    I'm still trying to figure out why they made a .52, and it didn't sell well.
    Also lots of people, including me, disliked the little plastic primer jackets, and did not buy a Knight because of that.

Good rifles, bad businessmen. Gone.
  • OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The inline world saw some of the greatest marketing ploys ever come out of knight

as mentioned the little plastic "disc's" only available from knight to hold the primers where as ingenious as to the muzzle loading world as Beta was to the movie world, Like beta the "disc" system failed to capture the market

With comparable muzzle loaders available for hundred less it was only a matter of time before knight went the same way as Austin & Halleck

who made some gorgeous guns for a little while anyway
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm 35 miles from the original factory. Story goes that the company was sold to Modern Muzzleloaders from somewhere in the se US and they dropped it.