In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

T/C Super Glide

elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
Does anybody use these for whitetail?

I'm trying to develop a long range sabot loading for my Encore to take advantage of the fact that I can use both sabots and a scope here in TX.

I've used pwerbelts in CO for elk with GREAT results but I found that PBs didn't stay together very well at high velocity impacts. I only used 100 gr 777 and just limited myself to 100 yards and they worked great. But now that I can use a scope I'm going to start with a 150 grains.

Comments

• Options
    polariscountry500polariscountry500 Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use precisoin rifle dead center duplex 195 grain bullets, and 100 grains of FFF Triple Seven in my TC Encore. It doesnt recoil to bad and it is very accurate. I have shot this combo for the last 2 years and had no problem at all. Shot a doe a year ago at 200 yards she went 10 yards. Seems to be a good combo for me. They also make 175 grain bullets.
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lew, you will need a limbsaver on that thing with 150grs of 777.

Man what would it be like to take a buck at 200 yds with a smoke pole?

I am jealous good luck

(I don't have maps for Texas [:I])
  • Options
    elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Odawgp
    Lew, you will need a limbsaver on that thing with 150grs of 777.

Man what would it be like to take a buck at 200 yds with a smoke pole?

I am jealous good luck

(I don't have maps for Texas [:I])

I don't have maps worth having yet but I'm working on it. I put a limbsaver on it to go with the .375 H&H but yah I bet it kicks like a donkey. I'm putting the 2-7 Burris on it. It feels like I'm cheating but what the hell.[8D]
  • Options
    tazz1958tazz1958 Member Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have shot precision rifle bullets for 5-6 years. either 200 grain dead center or the 195 grain extended range bullets with 90 grains fff powder. does a number on whitetail and coyotes from 30 to 175 yards(iron sights) and kicks like a 410 if that.