In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Trail Boss Gun Powder

ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
I Need a good load, for a 200 grain lead load for a .45 Long Colt?
Thank You [:)]

Comments

• Options
    dandak1dandak1 Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go here
    http://data.hodgdon.com/cartridge_load.asp
    Type in 200 grain bullet for the 45 LC, and trailboss powder. This is the manufacturer of trail boss. I use their website all the time and checking their results with my chronograph they usually agree pretty close.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Looks good,Thank You.[8D]
  • Options
    Mort4570Mort4570 Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    by design,TB is a very 'wimpy' powder,so skip the low end loads,and start at least in the mid range of loads.
    IT does fill the case nicely,by design,so chances of a double charge are slim......not impossible,but slim.
  • Options
    dandak1dandak1 Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot it in my 45LC with the RCBS 230 gn bullet. It has become my "standard" load for the gun. Gives pretty good "oomph" in the gun but the pressures are low and the velocity mid range. Easy on the gun, low pressure, good accuracy, no leading, economical load...cant ask for more for a plinking round. Mort4570 is correct, I use near the upper end load of Trailboss for this 230 gn bullet. When i want more juice out of the gun I have a load using Unique powder instead of Trailboss.
  • Options
    excavmanexcavman Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i really like Trail Boss Powder, have gone through 5 cans in the past 2 years. I use it for cast bullet light loads in everything from a 218 Bee to the 45-70.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks to everyone for the info I have a S&W Mod 28-2 that's been converted to .45 Colt the barrel and cylinder have been bored out not replaced so I'd like to keep the pressure low.Here's a pictue of it.
    Thank You All

standard.jpg