In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Navy Arns

PEZHEAD265PEZHEAD265 Member Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a Navy Arms 44 Ridgefeild NJ made by Ricambi.Who is Ricambi??I called NA and they no longer have the records from the old plant.I got this gun confused with the Rigarmi that I found out was made by Rino Galesi.The year mark on the Ricambi is XXX which is 1974 it still is in the box when my Dad bought it with the part sheet.Any info will help.

Thanks PEZ

Comments

• Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    The only thing I've been able to find out is that "ricambi" is Italian for "parts". Are there any maker's proofmarks on the barrel or frame? You may even have to look under the trigger guard.
  • Options
    drjldavisdrjldavis Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is this revolver marked Ricambi anywhere on the gun? Is it marked "Navy Arms"? What are the markings on the box?

Navy Arms has used nearly every Italian manufacturer at one time or another starting with Gregorelli & Uberti. These early revolvers, serial numbers below 5000, will be marked GU on the right side of the barrel flat above the barrel wedge. I recently acquired an 1860 Army presented to Willian B. Edwards by Rigarmi in an attempt to interest him in importing their revolvers. The top of the barrel is marked, "ADDRESS BILL EDWARDS AFTON VA US AMERICA" in recognition of his contribution to the Replica Revolver industry.
  • Options
    PEZHEAD265PEZHEAD265 Member Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drjldavis
    Is this revolver marked Ricambi anywhere on the gun? Is it marked "Navy Arms"? What are the markings on the box?

Navy Arms has used nearly every Italian manufacturer at one time or another starting with Gregorelli & Uberti. These early revolvers, serial numbers below 5000, will be marked GU on the right side of the barrel flat above the barrel wedge. I recently acquired an 1860 Army presented to Willian B. Edwards by Rigarmi in an attempt to interest him in importing their revolvers. The top of the barrel is marked, "ADDRESS BILL EDWARDS AFTON VA US AMERICA" in recognition of his contribution to the Replica Revolver industry.
    The Navy Arms is marked FAP under the loading lever.Is that the early Peittia mark??The box says Navy Arms 1851 Confederal 44 cal.thr serial # is 348xx made in 74.
    The Rigarmi was a 1850 36 cal with a octagon barrel the serial # 13xxx.
  • Options
    Fletcher PastoreFletcher Pastore Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    FAP is Pietta.
  • Options
    Fletcher PastoreFletcher Pastore Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    FAP is Pietta.