In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

trail boss 30-06 loads???

308plinkerVT308plinkerVT Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
hello all - I see Hodgdon/IMR has a pdf out now which includes a 150 grain jacketed load for Trail Boss in 30-06. obviously I can extrapolate a bit from there but I am curious if anyone else out there has played with this powder and say a 160 grain Lee semi round (2 ogive) profile cast bullet. going to gas check them (I have other calibers I intend to try these in also) even though i see the velocity could be low enough to not have to "need" them. just curious if anyone has found a "sweet"/pet load. thanks much all ~b~

Comments

• Options
    44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wiley Clapp wrote an article for one of the gun magazines some time back on plinking loads for 30-30, 30-06, 308, and others using cast bullets and Trail Boss. I believe he used the Hodgdon info for a starting point. He was happy with the results.
  • Options
    excavmanexcavman Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have experimented with Trail Boss in 218 Bee, 30-30, 30-40 Krag, and 45-70. I really like it for light cast loads. One caution though, I have found that pressure jumps rapidly when the load limit is reached so start low and work up carefully.