In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shipping blkpwder guns to Illinois

Lucky007Lucky007 Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
Can a black powder rifle be legally sold and shipped directly to a buyer in the state of Illinois? I was forced to research this topic when I discovered that a buyer had an IL address. Several businesses I buy from restrict muzzel loader sales to IL because they treat ML's as regular modern firearms. It never occured to me to look into this issue until I recieved the shipping address from the buyer. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can ship direct to a resident of Illinois. I live in Illinois and have received BP firearms directly.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info....but how does a FOID card, the mandated waiting periods and the blackpowder gun getting listed as a regular firearm under IL law effect the sale/transfer?
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think it does. Did you check State of Illinois websight?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes I did....that's why it was confusing to me. Thanks anyway...
  • Options
    AQUAINFLAQUAINFL Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Also it depends what city you live .If one happens to live in Chicago Il.You cannot receive any type of "gun"be it a bb gun black powder.NO GUN's .In the city of Chgo.one cannot sell any type of gun.I know cause I had a store there.You can own a rifle or shotgun If you have the Il.gun card.But you can't own any pistol even a pellet gun.