In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

uberti cattleman

pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭✭
Help! My cattleman in 45lc is giving me fits .The cylinder base pin keeps jumping out of place under recoil .Have tried several ything s but cannot seem to keep it locked in place suggestions befopre i send it to a gunsmith ?
cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I was just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with Uberti's cartridge revolvers? I am looking to buy my first cowboy gun and I just want to know if Uberti makes quality guns or if i should just try to get more money and get something like a Ruger Vaquero. Thanks for any info.
  • Options
    bigbossmanbigbossman Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you purchased it new, it should be under warranty. Contact your dealer. Or, you may want to do a google search on Uberti and contact them directly. Explain the problem-they may be able to sell you some inexpensive replacement spring or pin which will solve your problem.
    Gunsmith labor is not cheap. Do not fire the gun any more until you get it repaired for your own safety. Good Luck....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I inherited the gun .It is about 25 years old at least .Parts will run about 60 bucks from Numrich guess that is my best bet unless someone else has any suggestions.
  • Options
    44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is the cylinder pin held by a spring loaded push pin or by a screw in the front of the frame?
  • Options
    Mort4570Mort4570 Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What parts are you considering buying to cure the problem?
  • Options
    Gideon WalkerGideon Walker Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Several Suggestions
    1. order a springkit which will give you a stronger spring for the button. Larry Crow in the video below discusses this in detail.

2. order the video on your weapon from Guns Video. It is done by Larry Crow from Competitive Edge Gunworks Phone number 800-942-8273

I have Larry's videos on all of my guns. I watch them about once a month to perfect my understanding of my guns and to get new ideas.

Happy trails
  • Options
    melkormelkor Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try screwing down the two headed screw a bit , don't lube the base pin. Use Duct tape (kidding) [:D]