In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pedersoli "Bounty" Pistol

River RonRiver Ron Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
I have been looking at the Pedersoli Bounty. I like the looks of it especially the barrel length. I was thinking of target and hunting(?). I'm not sure if I want .45 or .50 in caplock! I know very little about sidelock pistols. Can I shoot balls and/or conicals and what would be a good powder load to start out with? Any advice or opinions good or bad would be appreciated! Thanks![:)]

Comments

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is a good looking pistol.

Pedersoli makes some nice guns.
    I can't find the rate of twist, I will assume that it is designed for round balls.

If you are thinking of hunting, get the .50 by all means. No doubt, at 50 yards or less you could kill deer with this gun.
    I would try the patched round ball, and 50 grains of ffg or fffg black powder.

In some states it is not legal to hunt deer with a muzzleloading pistol.
  • Options
    bobbyrose512bobbyrose512 Member Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very good looking pistol.

Get a .50 and have fun shooting. I looked at the Pedersoli website and found that they recommend round ball. They also list molds for casting your own