In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Knight Disc

KelmoKelmo Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
Has anyone using a Knight Disc used any of the BDC reticle type scopes with their gun? What are your thoughts? Any recommondations other than BDC reticles? Any one used the Ultimate Slam?

Also looking for others optimal load configuration for Knight Disc. I hunt MN and SD at med to long range
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    sure do wish we could use scopes here in Colorado

when in Utah I used a red dot but here only open sights

muzzle loaders are surprisingly accurate when care is taken to make each powder charge equal and a good optic is used

before the traditionalist bark about inline's not holding true to the sport they were invented in 1808! not 1998
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a Sightron S2 3x9 scope on my Savage muzzleloader.
    Works great, and the Savage gives it a harder thumping than most centerfire rifles.
  • Options
    KelmoKelmo Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you all
    I never thought to put a red dot on the gun. Can only use open sights in MN, without getting permit (if eyes don't work so well anymore) and then only a 1X.
    Any scope ok in SD.
    Odawgp, would a Millett Red dot be a good choice? Which red dot worked well for you?
    Otherwise also thinking of Leupold rifle scope with Stadia lines for SD.
    Thank you
    Kelmo
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Kelmo
    Thank you all
    I never thought to put a red dot on the gun. Can only use open sights in MN, without getting permit (if eyes don't work so well anymore) and then only a 1X.
    Any scope ok in SD.
    Odawgp, would a Millett Red dot be a good choice? Which red dot worked well for you?
    Otherwise also thinking of Leupold rifle scope with Stadia lines for SD.
    Thank you
    Kelmo

ultra dot 30mm is what I put on my tc encore (less than 100 bucks then, now Ouch!) of course the ultra come with the rings too! [:p]

as long as your state regs don't prohibit electronic sights a red dot is the way to go IMO. I have no experience with any other red dot ultra is used by many Bullseye shooters on their comp 22's & 45's

a 1x scope wouldn't be a bad route either