In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rossi 1892 Replacement stocks?

exoframe2exoframe2 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
I've got an EMF 1892 Hartford - made by Rossi - and I'm trying to find a nicer stock set for it. The factory wood is soft enough to mark with a fingernail and has acquired quite a few dents and dings just from trips to and from the range even in a padded case.

The rifle has a 24" octagon barrel, chambered in .45 Colt with a crescent butt plate. EMF calls this a 'Hartford 1892 Sporting Rifle'. I've only seen Rossi replacement stocks for the round barrel carbine rifles. Are there any sources for stocks that will fit this model? I've heard mixed messages about whether a Winchester 1892 stock will fit or not.
Here's a stock photo of the rifle, but with a different finish:

CRR92RSS4524_large.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get the walnut replacement stock set for Rossi's from Brownells or Midway. The butt stock should work fine. The forestock will have a smaller channel (for the round barrel) and can be carved out for the octagon barrel. Re-use the stock Rossi forend tip. If you're handy it's a simple do it yourself, otherwise, a gunsmith who is good with wood should be able to do it for not a lot of money.