In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Going to spend some time here.

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,080 ✭✭✭✭
So I picked up my Stoeger-Uberti 1873 lazer engraved pistola. So I'm looking to replace the grips and I'm wondering, if the regular Colt SAA grips will fit? Also, who makes grips that are a wee bit longer and fatter? Be cool if someone made ones with palm swells.

Comments

• Options
    44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Longer and fatter would have to be from a custom grip maker. What kind of grips came on it? Wood, plastic, etc. What material do you want?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just extra poly coated brown wood. Too slick and since there is a crack on the bottom, I'm not going to bother stripping the poly then oil finish it.

Still flexible on what the grips are made out of. Just want one that fits my hand well. I do know I don't want slick.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I placed an order for factory grips from VTI. They called them "factory seconds". Basically they're not poly coated but stained (the way I wanted them) for $26 [:D]. I may have oldmagic play around with the old grips. Checkered or matching engraving?