In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

USFA vs Uberti

Coyote PeteCoyote Pete Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
I'm looking at purchasing either a USFA Gunslinger or Uberti Cattleman Antique Finish in 45LC or 44-40 and am wondering which direction to go regarding quality vs costs?

Thanks,
CP

Comments

• Options
    44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is really no comparison between the two. The cost and quality of the USFA is much higher, as is the re-sell value. In the USFA you have an American made weapon that will hold it's value. Once used, in the Uberti, you have just another Italian SAA clone that's worth $350 or less.
  • Options
    Wolf.Wolf. Member Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, Pete,

The Kid is right. I'll ramble on for a while regarding the USFA versus the Italian guns, but he said it well in a few sentances.

There is no valid comparison. While the Italian guns will shoot well for a long time and are absolutely acceptable, the USFA's truly are the absolute highest quality SAA's. I'm not sure Colt can compare with them. USFA's low end guns, the Rodeo are of the same high quality as their high end guns except for the finish.

(New Guns): You can buy a pair of Uberti guns tuned for CAS for approx $1120. You can buy a pair of USFA Rodeo's for approx $1250 (plus shipping and fees for either guns). The extra $130 is not enough to sneeze at when you consider the difference.
  • Options
    azpowerwagonazpowerwagon Member Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Many years ago when USFA came on the scene they looked great, and still do. Removal of the ejector rod housing revealed the word "Uberti" stamped there hidden by the housing. Story was that the frames, barrels, cylinders, etc were shipped unfinished to USFA for final fit and finish.
    By the way, I would take the USFA model.
  • Options
    saashootersaashooter Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A USFA is hands down a 10 times better built firearm than a soft part inside Uberti!! USFA are times correctly and the internals are pretty smooth and fitted properly. I have owned many Ubertis and hated everyone of them. I have owned a few USFA's and love them.