In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

caps 10 or 11

hickeynyhickeyny Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
hi just got a colt 1851 in 36cal and a remington 1858 in 44cal got the part of checking the cyl for ball size but do not no the cap size to use thanks tom

Comments

• Options
    mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    StaffordSamStaffordSam Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi there, I use CCI #11 Magnum on my two 1858 Remmys. These work great for me. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    hickeynyhickeyny Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for the info fond out that my colt 1851 36cal will use #10 and the 1858 rem 44cal takes #11 this info can save a guy some $$$ thanks tom
  • Options
    StaffordSamStaffordSam Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 2 single shot pirate pistols(one .45cal and one .50cal). These both use #11 too.
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's like shoes. You'll have to try them on. If the 11's are too loose, you haven't wasted your money. Just pinch them into an oval shape before putting them on and they will stay on. Then, next time get some of the smaller 10's. Sometimes these imports are weird and have nipples that are sized somewhere in between. They are too big for 10's and the 11's fit so loose they fall off, unless they are pinched first. Just one of the fun parts of BP shooting. [:D]
  • Options
    PA ShootistPA Shootist Member Posts: 689 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll add here, from personal experience, that one brand's size 10 isn't necessarily exactly the same as another brand's size 10. Ditto for the 11's. You may have to try a couple different kinds, and then remember which brand and size fit perfectly on which gun.