In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Looking for a lost gun.

jeffie076jeffie076 Member Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm trying to get a message out to the G/B community about a lost gun, that belonged to my late father, here's the story: In the late 1980's I built my Dad a Colt 3rd model Dragoon using all colt parts, case hardened frame, blued barrel and Cylinder, brass grip frame and backstrap, on the back strap I had R. Dolan engraved. I gave it to him as a going away presant on his retirement. after he built his first house he moved over by Tampa and then he discovered that this gun did'nt make the trip with him. so I'm trying to find this LOST not stolen gun. I'm hoping that the G/B community will keep an open eye out for this last piece of my Dad. Thank you All, J. Dolan

Comments

• Options
    StaffordSamStaffordSam Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you have a s/n on this gun?
  • Options
    jeffie076jeffie076 Member Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sam, I don't have a s/n on this gun, my Dad had a list of all of his firearms, but another 'relative' got to Dads guns before me and "LOW and BEHOLD" almost all of the old mans collection was No Longer there, including the list of his guns! what was left was sold out from underneth me, I was only "Allowed" 2 pistols out of the remainder of his collection by this relative, because my stepmom needed money right away to fix the roof on the house, so the guns went before I could do anything. Dad had told me that his Dragoon was missing after he was unpacking from the move, he was sure he packed it but after that it was ?????? he back tracked but to no avale. and yes it was quite a few years ago that it came up missing but what the hell, I figured I'd give it a try.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck with that search...
  • Options
    CookECookE Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been in law enforcement for 42 years and my best bet is that "RELATIVE" that got in that house first HAS YOUR DAD'S GUN AND I'M SORRY TO SAY YOU WILL MOST LIKELY NEVER SEE IT AGAIN................CookE
  • Options
    herrymerryherrymerry Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The actions that caused you to lose your rights, will preclude (stop) you from joining any branch.

You might try the Guard or Reserves, although with the economy, they are meeting their quotas which means fewer waivers

breast cancer treatment
    metastatic breast cancer
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by herrymerry
    The actions that caused you to lose your rights, will preclude (stop) you from joining any branch.

You might try the Guard or Reserves, although with the economy, they are meeting their quotas which means fewer waivers

breast cancer treatment
    metastatic breast cancer

Hugh?
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by herrymerry

breast cancer treatment
    metastatic breast cancer

Just curious, how does this relate to the question of the missing Dragoon?
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like an inside job. Since there wasn't a will (from what I gathered from the way it played out) you got shafted. The way I figure be glad what you got and wait for her to kick the can. Also if she has a kid I'll wager her kid will get the house, too.

As for the Dragoon it's good as gone. A wee bit of sand paper and a buffer would've taken care of the engraving on the brass. No one would be the wiser.