In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

10 guage

domnickdomnick Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
Are there any 10 Gauge Cowboy shooters out there? Most matchs I've been to only had 12 gauge shooters and I was wondering why.

Thanks
Domnick

Comments

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mostly original cost, and ease of ammo... 12 ga is just more common..
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The other factor is comfort. Those 10 ga kick hard!
  • Options
    ken44-40ken44-40 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Biggest reason is that there just aren't that many 10 guages around. If I could find a shootable hammered double at a reasonable cost, I'd be shooting it.
  • Options
    Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There used to be a fella that shot the CAS matches around Tyler, Texas that went by the handle of "Gunzilla". He used a double barrel ten gauge shotgun as his regular match shotgun. He loaded brass shells with black powder. When that thing went off it made a big boom and a large cloud of smoke drifted down range.

I saw a fella reach down and pick up one of his brass shotgun hulls about the time it hit the ground. I tell you I never saw anyone trying to let go of something so fast in my life. I imagine that brass hull was HOT!!

Bode
  • Options
    dannejdannej Member Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My friend has a Remington double ten gauge that we would like to shoot. Any one know where one can get black powder ten gauge ammo?

Thanks,