In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Any other shooting muzzle laoding shot guns

cmac231cmac231 Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
I have Pedersoli dbl barrel 10 ga shotgun. Love shooting and hunting with it. Especaily love the look on guys face when it goes off in dove fields. Twice the boom plus huge cloud of smoke(yea makes follow up shot ruff).
Wondering if anyothers shooting one and maybe if they know place to get the wads cheaper than Cabelas. Man at $10 for 25 wads,add in shot,powder and primers and its 3 to 4 times cost of regular shot gun. Worth it yes but little more economical would be nice.

Comments

• Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know what kind of was you are using at that price, but it is unnecessary. If you don't have a copy of the Dixie Gun Works catalog, you need it. Cardboard wads are $3.75 and $4.95 per 100; fiber wads are $9.50 per 500. You can also punch out your own wads from solid cardboard and fiberboard. Or just use waded up newspaper.
    If you are not experienced, I would recommend a black powder shooting book. The Lyman book is very good.
  • Options
    elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    T.C. New Englander. I have shot hundreds of plastic wads in it with an over shot wad. E.Z.
  • Options
    cmac231cmac231 Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive been buying them from cabelas. As for experiance Ive been shooting black powder guns since the late 70's. Ill check dixie gun works. I know big part of the cost of cabelas is they come with the plastic hulls that are huge pain in but to load. especaily when using my extra full chokes I had to make on lathe since I can't find any for this Pedersoli shotgun.

While Here if you know of any other manufactures chokes that fit it would be great.
  • Options
    cbyerlycbyerly Member Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check out your local gun shows for vintage reloading components. You may have to ask dealers for them since they are not big sellers. There are a lot of surplus vintage components still out there since the advent of plastic wads.
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Don't know if they are still in business or not but,
    Circle Fly Shotgun Wads
    Gary Butler
    Butler Enterprised.
    Lawrenceburg, In 47025
    812-537-3584

It is all we ever used for our shotguns.
    Card, fibre, and over-shot.
    Good luck.