In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

muzzle loader prices

cmac231cmac231 Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
It might make me sound older than I think I am,but man the prices of muzzle loader have realy gone sky hingh.
I have a T/c renegade that cost $125 for the kit when I got it for Christmas when I was 11. I have to perussion pistols that the kits cost 50 to 60 bucks a piece about the same time. I have cap and ball replica that cost about 100 bucks. Now I look at these things and they cost as much as new 45 LC I bought two years ago. Some of the ss cap and balls are same price as new ruger.Freaking renegades aren't far behind a lowend bolt action rifle.
Wondering cpl things. First why the heck didn't I buy lots of them back then. When did so many people get into black powder guns that the prices went sky high. So should I buy few kits and put back as retirement plan ,beats the heck out of stock market lately.

Comments

• Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Inflation is the bigest part of it but I also agree that the price's seem to be higher when compared to cartridge guns. I also think that the quality of the new stuff is better but I think the black powder guns of yesterday were more of a bargin than the ones of today.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prices are up on cap and ball revolvers in the past 3 years, I guess it has to do with the exchange rate with Italy.
  • Options
    StaffordSamStaffordSam Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know, all the black powder guns are up in price around me. Really kind of stinks. Everything seems to be costing more and more. There are some good deals out there, just have to watch for them.
  • Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    longer deer seasons if you use a muzzleloader maybe part of the reason for the increase in demand, what amazes me is how much the dicontinued savage in-lines are bringing saw one for $1200.00
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,960 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TC Hawkens were gathering dust around me at $125. Now folks seem to be going back to the traditional sidelocks and they are up past $300. Way of the world I guess.