In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

cast bullet with sabot???

sw1retsw1ret Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
I got a 50cal TC ENCORE pro hunter. i've been shootin a 45 lead bullet with sabot witn sub 2" groups at 100 yds. i cant find the bullets nomore... thinkin of casting my own 230 gr The question is do i need to "size" cast bullets if used with sabots??? the bullets mic at .452.... do cast bullets from lee molds shrink? i have 5o lbs of lead about 10 percent from wheel weights. harvester an tc sabots 50/45 shoot about the same. tc seam to go off at 120 gr at 80 to 120 gr both shoot equal.

Comments

• john12668john12668 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    aint it the way..find someting that works and they stop making it on ya!! first thing. what brand where the sabots/bullets. if they where made for muzzleloaders they where most likeley pure lead. not an expert on the cast bullet department, but i do know that depending on the alloy (lead/tin, antimony mix) verses pure lead. shrinkage to acual size will be diferent when cooled. if you have any of your bullets left, mic them and see what kind of mold is availible.
    if not an avenue you want to go down, try a box of t/c shockwaves. they shoot very well out of several hunting buddies encores and out of my own white mountain carbine. most deer i have seen shot with these have either dropped in thier tracks or had a very short walk till they laid down. hope this helps. anyone else have any good advice?