In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

leading question

idaho cowboyidaho cowboy Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
A friend of mine and I both baught some hard cast bullets from the same source. They are suppose to be 92% lead 6% tin and 2% antimoney. Mine were 250 grain .452 for my 45 colt and his were 240 grain .430 for his 44 mag. We both have new Rossie model 92,s in the short rifle configuration and both bores look like a mirrior. We are both shooting 8 grains of Unique which understandably should give him a slightly faster velocity but still pretty modest. He also dropped his load to 7.5 grains of Unique with the same results. His rifle leads fairly severly and mine shows absolutely no signs of any leading. Now, if he was pushing his a lot faster and beyond what is exceptable for a bullet of this mix it would be explainable, but his velocity is not much more than mine so why does his rifle lead and mine does not?

Comments