In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Knight Rifles reopens

12strider12strider Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
new owner www.pi-inc.com Athens ,Tenn.
front desk: Mona Crabtree 1-423-744-1200 ext.2460

Comments

• diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sweet. Been worring about getting those red plastic caps for the primers. After the package open now, and the two in the safe, I'd be out. They have them on the knight site.
  • cmac231cmac231 Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good to hear. I never did hear why they closed in first place. Ive been shooting one the old original design knights for years. Killed more dear than any gun I own. Have freinds buying new lateset greatest muzzle loaders that don't out shoot mine one bit.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought one at an auction that needs to have the breech plug removed.
    Someone buggered up the hex head so that can't be used to remove it.
    Unless someone has a better idea, I'll have the nipple hole enlarged to get a big easy-out in it.
  • KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bet the plug is stuck, thats why the head is messed up. If you soak the first 6" or so of the breech in a jar of kerosene for a couple days it'll make it come out easier.
  • mackcranemackcrane Member Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by v35
    I bought one at an auction that needs to have the breech plug removed.
    Someone buggered up the hex head so that can't be used to remove it.
    Unless someone has a better idea, I'll have the nipple hole enlarged to get a big easy-out in it.

Get some PB Blaster and spray on it and let it soak, we use it at work on mining equipment and it really works.